- This session has passed.
Leaders as Coaches: Tools and Techniques
August 21 @ 2:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Speaker: Melissa Gordon, President, President, EchelonCommunicate, LLC
The days of command and control-style leadership in the workplace – providing direction by telling others what to do – are generally gone. Today, leading effectively is about teaming – bringing out the best in others while you acknowledge their talents, needs, and goals. To do this, you have to:
- earn others’ trust by finding common ground based on shared values/purpose
- help others grasp “what’s in it for them”
- give direction by striking just the right balance, setting clear expectations while fostering collaboration.
Executive Communication Coaches show you how to use what you say and how you say it to be more relatable, earn trust, and activate the best performance across your organization.
Join us for a fast-paced, hands-on Lab to learn and practice proven coaching communication techniques, such as asking powerful questions, listening deeply, acknowledging, challenging, and bringing a shared goal or value to life.
- The basics about how you can communicate to open up two-way dialogue so others “feel heard,” positioning yourself as a coach vs. a supervisor or mentor
- Some techniques for shifting away from telling, telling, telling to creating a space that lets you guide, collaborate, and hold others accountable
- A tip sheet of phrases and question stems that you can use right away, so you change the dynamic in your work place right away
- Leadership & Navigation
- Business Acumen